Self nomination as candidate for the MC

Dear members, dear board,

I’m pleased to nominate myself for the membership of The Document Foundations Membership Committee.

Full name: Cor Nouws
Email: oolst@nouenoff.nl, cor.nouws@documentfoundation.org
Affiliation: Nou&Off

I will provide information on all future changes in the above as soon as possible.

I have been active in the community since 2004. In these years I have done a significant amount of volunteer work, spread over almost all areas of our software and community and enjoyed activities with the Dutch language community. Business wise I run my company Nou&Off - ‘FOSS office consultancy and training’ - and the past five years I’ve also been part of Collabora’s team.
I live in the Netherlands with a wonderful family, lovely activities in music (mostly singing and violin), a sailing boat that I seldom sail, some other sports, some local/regional activities, and the other blessings I may receive.
One of the most interesting and important challenges/lessons in life remains, to not let the consequences of our human imperfections damage our relationships and enjoyment of working together.

75 words statement
I am Cor Nouws and want to work with other members on the tasks and duties that are given to the Membership Committee by the foundations Statues. Also I will try to support the board in growing the community; I believe we have the capabilities, resources, to organize the education needed to grow a stronger contribution to our beautiful software, in an atmosphere of politeness, friendliness, understanding, and goodwill.

Looking forward answering any questions.

Thanks,
Cor

I have a concern. Last year you presented your candidacy to the board of directors mentioning your affiliation to Collabora.
However, for the MC elections you no longer do so, is this really the case? Or was it an unintentional omission?

Good that you ask clarification, if you doubt, Daniel.
Per September 1st - so before elections start - I’m no longer working for Collabora.