Writer navigator new feature?

Hi
I found a “feature” that I was absolutely not aware of: when hovering elements in the navigator, the element is highlighted . The image attached show hovering section SEC_TITLE.

If that feature was available from long time ago, I never noticed until 7.5 release. Not sure if this feature is configurable.

Version: 7.5.0.3 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: c21113d003cd3efa8c53188764377a8272d9d6de
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: en-US (pt_BR.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Olivier

Hovering an reversing content first happens with LO 7.5. But I don’t see something like this in release notes.

1 Like

Hello Olivier
It is a puzzle. Just checked and I do not have a clues as to what this is supposed to do. Any clues in LO Help or the release noes for 7.5?

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

1 Like

Well I understand the feature and like it actually. But I deplore that the release notes are such terse and omit features that impacts user experience.

Olivier

See the commits for bug 152029.
Indeed, it’s a pity the release notes don’t record these improvements.

A query that might help, consisting of reports with fixed resolution, changed at least Feb 2022, enhancement, assignee either default or Jim and comment mentioning Jim (to try to target commit notification comments). Tweak at will.

1 Like

It will be available in 7.5.0.2.

I understand the release notes are updated over time.

I’ve just added it to the release notes: ReleaseNotes/7.5: Difference between revisions - The Document Foundation Wiki

2 Likes

IMHO, developers should devote themselves some time to update release notes when they work on something. Sometimes, the features look interesting but are so obscure that others won’t necessarily have the clarity needed to write about it.

1 Like

Topic is being under investigation at 152775 – [Enhancement] Emphasize the entry the mouse pointer is over in the Writer Navigator content tree

I commented in the report. That is a new feature, bolding the item name in Navigator.