Use Slide Background

I am updating the Impress and Draw user guides to LO 7.4 and have come across a NEW area fill for objects - Use Slide Background.

Could someone tell me how is this supposed to work?

At the moment, when Use Slide Background is selected for an object fill, the object changes to a Color fill. At the moment, I can see no difference in what this new area fill is supposed to do to an area fill.

Help please.

PeeWee

Such object works as if you punch out a hole through the objects behind it. To better see the effect, you should use a gradient background fill or an image background fill of the slide. (Sorry, I have no right to upload an example file).

Hello Regina

Sorry, but I do not understand what you are trying to tell me. You can send me a sample file directly.

To me there is a “None” area fill, which means the object is empty, so “Use Slide Background” is a puzzle to me. The “None” setting allows the slide to be seen through the object.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

1. 11:07 keltezéssel, Peter Schofield via The Document Foundation Community írta:

Hello

The problem has been solved thanks to Regina.
IG7406 Formatting Graphic Objects has been updated to include “Use Background Image” and Version 01 is now in NeztCloud ready for review and comment.

Regards
PeeWee