Updating guides: Release notes

A reminder (especially for newer members of the team): When updating a guide to the new version of LO, do not just check the release notes for the module you’re updating. Relevant update info may also appear under the headings Core/General, Filters, GUI, and others. Check them all!

This is in addition to checking everything in the guide against the program itself. As I’ve mentioned often before, many changes to the user interface (such as the names of menu items and toolbar icons) are not mentioned in the release notes.

For example, I just discovered that “Chapter Numbering” under Tools is now “Heading Numbering” in LOv7.6. Many fiddly changes in text and figures will be needed in several chapters of the Writer Guide and Getting Started.

EDIT: I plan to add here some more things as I find them.
Several pages on the PDF Export dialog have small changes in wording of the options, and the General page has a new option under Structure: Changes in margin.
The Print dialog has some wording changes, including the word “More…” now being informative text.
In Writer, and probably Calc and perhaps others, in the Styles deck of the Sidebar, right-clicking on a style gives a context menu that formerly had “Modify” as one of the selections; this is now “Edit Style”.
On the Track Changes toolbar, there is now a dropdown menu under “Show Track Changes” – All Changes Inline, Deletions in Margin, Insertions in Margin.
The Extension Manager dialog is now named Extensions dialog.
Jean

We know people don’t follow the review procedure or the proposed version when reviewing documents and there is still no record of what a review included - Procedure for Full Reviews. The same applies to updating. The log sheet could easily be changed to make this clear.