Two questions that popped up while reviewing Chapter 5 of the Getting Started Guide

Hello Team,

I hope you are all doing well! :blush:

I am currently reviewing Chapter 5 (Images and Graphics) for the Getting Started Guide.

1. When checking the Release Notes here, I would like some clarifications about what updates to include into that Chapter. I went through the notes and from my understanding: all new releases under Impress & Draw will be included in Chapter 6: Getting Started with Impress - they do not fit in Chapter 5 (the one I am currently reviewing), is that correct?

2. I have 1-2 comments to hopefully improve the text in this Chapter. Instead of changing all instances of the unclear phrase, does it make sense to make at the first instance a comment and then if the final reviewer agrees, they can update the document? I am unsure what is the best way to proceed here.

That’s all (for now, anyway!)!

Many thanks and all the best,
NC

1 Like

Hi Nay

About 1, note that the chapter is generic with respect to all type of documents, not specific to Impress or Draw. It is possible that the release notes has no changes to report for a user guide (for example, an under-the-hood change).

On 2, please indicate the changes in every place you think is necessary.

Cheers
Olivier

1 Like

Hello Olivier,

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
NC

Hello

Welcome to the team.

The GS Guide has three chapters to deal with graphics, images and drawings and that structure has been used since I have been on the Documentation Team. Impress and Draw chapters do give more info that is applicable to each LO module.

I will be going through your comments later today being the author all three chapters. I will make comments on your changes if there is a need to clarify points with you and to help you for future reviews.

You will see version 02 of the chapter appear on NextCloud.

If you need any clarification, please let me know.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

1 Like

Hello again

Just to help in controlling documents.

When you take a file for review, please put your initials in the Checked Out By column and Expected Return Date. I have moved your info in the GS spreadsheet.

When you have finished the review, put your initials and date in the Rev1 and Return Date columns.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

1 Like

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the welcome, and for updating the Guide Status.

Best
NC