Nomination for Brazilian Portuguese community liaison

Hi community!

I would like to recommend @rafaelhlima as the first Brazilian Portuguese community liaison.

During the last year, Rafael has worked with bug fixes (UX/UI and dark mode related) and some few feature developments (improvements in the Basic IDE and save solver settings in Calc):

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/q/owner:rafael.palma.lima%40gmail.com

He also worked in minor fixes in help pages and documentation and did some QA work in Bugzilla.

Rafael is active in the Brazilian and the global communities. He presented a workshop about Python scripts with ScriptForge in the LibreOffice Latin American Conference 2022. He also presented about the same topic in the LibreOffice Online Conference 2021:

Python scripts in LibreOffice Calc using the ScriptForge library

Finally, Rafael, as an experienced professor (a great skill in his job), is always available to support and teach new members.

I hope he can accept this recommendation for the Liaison role, as a recognition of his past contributions and an encouragement for the future!

Best,
Gustavo

1 Like

Hi @gbpacheco,

First of all, I would like to say that I am honored by your recommendation.

If the community agrees with having myself as the Brazilian Portuguese community liaison, I’ll surely accept this role.

All the best,
Rafael Lima

3 Likes

Hi Rafael
You have my vote and my recommendation.

Cheers
Olivier

Hi Rafael,
It’s really great to have you as liaison for the Brazilian Portuguese community! Thanks a lot for accepting the role and welcome to the team :slight_smile:
Cheers

Hi all,

Thanks for your supporting my nomination as liaison for the Brazilian Portuguese community. It’s an honor to take on this role.

Please, let me know if there are any special activities that I need to do from now on.

Cheers,
Rafael