If I want to be the Liaison for Tamil Language Community, please let me know the steps.
Great to have you here and thanks a lot for volunteering for this role
- do you have other members in your community (if yes, we want them to agree too that you are the one to represent them :)?
- what would you like to achieve through your role?
- would you need an on-boarding session to know more about TDF, the international project or where to contribute?
do you have other members in your community (if yes, we want them to agree too that you are the one to represent them :)?
I’m not sure if any community is active now. Previously, I could remember Ve. Elanjelian, Mugunth were there around 8 - 10 years before. Anyways, it is good to go with getting agreed from them. Kindly let me know if anything is to be done from my side on that. Their email ids are present at Language_Teams area.
what would you like to achieve through your role?
Already I am spreading LibreOffice in Tamil.
- I have conducted couple of LibreOffice Testing Hackathon events online and Offline Workshops. In one of the online workshop which I organized, I invited Ilmari and he shared his QA knowledge to us. Those event records are present at kaniyam.com, a Tamil web portal for FOSS.
- Already maintaining a Telegram group for LibreOffice Tamil QA. (libreOffice_Tamil)
- Publishing Videos on LibreOffice
Thus, I believe, already I’m doing few roles mentioned for Liaison.
These activities made me to think to apply for this role.
would you need an on-boarding session to know more about TDF, the international project or where to contribute?
Yes. Though I have few experiences on contributing to TDF, it is always good to learn them through On-Boarding sessions as these will fill the gaps wherever I have.
Note: I tried to add few more links but as a new user, I couldnt post those links for reference. If needed, let me share them in comments.
Well, I know they are no more active, so no need to ask them. It seems nobody is working on translating in Tamil anymore for the moment.
It is great to have you helping reviving the team
Could you add the channel to that page:
It helps to direct people when we have questions on social media availability
And thanks a lot for all what you’ve done already!
I’ll organize the on-boarding session via jitsi after the 20th, when I’m back from vacation.
In the meantime, don’t hesitate to ping me if you have any question