New Member Introduction - Ina

Hello all,

My name is Ina, and I am excited to be a part of this community and eager about contributing to the documentation team!

I am currently experiencing a shift in career from Administrator to Technical Writer/Documentation. I have worked as an Administrator in various industries for about 10 years and I have always had a passion for writing. I have some experience with documentation by writing employee handbooks and instruction manuals for colleagues. I found that technical writing is a way for me to do work that I enjoy as well as utilize my previous work experience, which I so greatly value. I enjoy doing research, learning new things, writing, and editing. This will be my first time contributing to an open-source community so I am looking forward to the experience!

Looking forward to working with you all!

Thank you,

Ina

Hello Ina

Welcome to the Team.

To help you, you will a NextCloud account, but I am not sure who to contact to get an account. All work goes through NextCloud.

Recommend you go to English > Contributor Resources > Documentation Team Info > Work In Progress. There are four files in this folder which should give you an idea of how things work.

In Contributor Resources is the template used for the user guides. It is called LO-UG-Chapter-Template-7-4.ott. This is used when you create a user guide chapter. The template does contain comments and instructions on how it all works. Do not use direct formatting. Always use the paragraph and character styles in the template.

Anymore questions, send a message.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

Ultimate responsibility for contribution docs rests with @ohallot

The last time I looked the wiki still contained the official contribution docs but I note the website points to this forum now. Given the link to this forum, a sticky post directing users to the official contribution docs seems appropriate and the wiki should be updated.

iirc the contribution docs have been under revision for many years. If the intent is to follow docs in the Documentation Team Info \ Work In Progress folder they need to be moved into the Published folder. Any issues should be fixed in subsequent versions.

This demonstrates why a documented process is so important. This template name is not referenced within any of the official contribution docs and neither is LO Chapter Template 7.4 which was still part of the properties on CG7505-StylesAndTemplates published a week after this comment.

• Make sure the correct template is used for the chapter. For example, for Version 7 of LibreOffice, the template is at Version 7.