[libreoffice-users] How to downgrade from 4.0.2. to 3.6.6

Hi :) 

Hmm, that vanishing images problem kinda sounds familiar! :(  It was discussed on the Documentation Team's mailing list a couple of years ago so i have CC'd this email to them as they found a good work-around.

I found that bumping up the memory settings seemed to help a bit
Tools - Options - Memory
but mostly the problem seemed to vanish when i had saved the images in the same folder as the document, or in a sub-folder as would happen with html pages.  I was never completely sure if the main answer was having the document and images on my local desktop rather than some on the network and some on the file-server.  The problem eventually disappeared for me but i was never entirely certain why.

The issue is a long-running bug that really seems to be a collection of bugs each of which has the same final outcome but each having very different causes with different variables.  The Docs Team managed to pin-down 1 specific instance and that seemed to get fixed.  Another problem is that the bug(s) is/are very rare and difficult to reproduce so it's difficult to pin anything down.  After it almost magically stopped misbehaving on my own machine i could not get it to happen again on any machine at work :(   (or should that be a smiley rather than a frown?)

Regards from
Tom :slight_smile: