Impress Guide 7.6 update

Ver 01 of IG7600 Preface for the Impress Guide 7.6 is now in the Work In Progress folder on NextCloud ready for review and comment.

The only change is to increase the information on where LibreOffice can be obtained. Also included is information on LibreOffice for tablets, iPads, and Chromebooks.

Regards
PeeWee

The following chapters for the Impress Guide 7.6 have been uploaded into the Work In Progress folder on NextCloud ready for review and comment:

IG7601 Introducing Impress
IG7602 Master Slides, Styles, and Templates
IG7603 Adding and Formatting Text

Now for IG7604 and the remaining chapters.

Regards
PeeWee

1 Like

The following chapters for the Impress Guide 7.6 have been uploaded into the Work In Progress folder on NextCloud ready for review and comment:

IG7604 Adding Formatting Images
IG7605 Formatting Graphic Objects
IG7606 Ole Spreadsheets Charts OtherObjects

Regards
PeeWee

Sorry, correction to the chapters uploaded for review

IG7604 Adding Formatting Images
IG7605 Formatting Graphic Objects
IG7606 Formatting Graphic Objects
IG7607 Ole Spreadsheets Charts OtherObjects to the chapters updated:

Regards
PeeWee

IG7608 Adding and Formatting Slides, Notes, Comments, and Handouts
IG7609 Slide Shows & Photo Albums
IG7610 Saving Slide Shows, Printing, Emailing, and Exporting
IG7611 Setting Up and Customizing Impress

The remaining chapters and the complete Impress User Guide 7,6 will be available for review and comment at the beginning of October after I have returned from vacation.

Regards
PeeWee

Note for @PeeWee : the export to html wizzard has been removed (the wizzard that guides in creating an online presentation)

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105303

Cheers
Olivier

Hi @PeeWee

A new feature is available in Impress 7.6 that may have been unoticed. It is about area fill in Impress objects

The blue circle is behind the 3 objects.

Object 1 has “Use Background” : the area takes the image of the slide background. Area is set and covers the blue circle

Object 2 fills area with same gradient of the slide background. Area is set and covers the blue circle

Object 3 has "none ": no filled area. Blue circle is seen though.

Cheers
Olivier

IG7612 User Interface Variants
IG7613 Keyboard Shortcuts
IG7614 Toolbars

That completes the upgrade of the Impress User to LO 7.6. I shall now prepare the complete Impress User Guide and get everything ready for publishing.

When that is complete I shall be starting on the Draw User Guide to LO 7.6 upgrade.

As you can see I am back from a very relaxing vacation.

Regards
PeeWee

All chapters and the Impress Guide have now been updated to LO 7.6.

The chapters are the user guide are now available in the Published and PDF folders on NextCloud.

Now for updating to 7.6 the Impress and Draw chapters in the Getting Started Guide. After these two chapters, I shall be updating the Draw Guide to 7.6.

Regards
PeeWee

@PeeWee
I noticed the IG76 front cover with some faded colors with respect to other IG’s covers… Have you edited the svg’s ? If affirmative, What tool did you use?

Can I restore the colors?

Thanks

Olivier

Note1: I use Inkscape to edit the svg. The only object touch is the release number (using Trueno fonts)
Note2: I don’t trust LO SVG tool. Too many issues.

Hello Olivier

I will check my system setup. I am using an Apple LG Ultra Fine monitor. and usually get good results when adjusting my photos.
I sometimes adjust a graphic using using the colour sub-toolbar in LO Draw if the colour does not look right.
Will test and let you know.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

Hello Olivier

I have darkened the front and rear covers on the Impress Guide 7.6 using the Color sub-toolbar and lowering the gamma setting to 70%.

I have replaced the Published and PDF files on NextCloud.

Please check to see if the files are OK.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

@PeeWee

The Impress guide was exported to online (browser) format and is accessible from the documentation and bookshelf website.
Olivier