Impress Guide 7.5

Versions 01 of the following chapters for the Impress Guide 7.5 are in the Work In Progress folder on NextCloud ready for their review and comment.

Minor changes only and screenshots refreshed to make sure they match version LO 7.5.

IG7500 Preface
IG7501 Introducing Impress
IG7502 Slide Masters, Styles, Templates
IG7503 Adding Formatting Text

Continuing with the remaining chapters for the Impress Guide 7.5. Do not forsee any major problems with the remaining chapters.

Regards
PeeWee

Hi @PeeWee

A small but interesting hidden feature when drawing shapes is commented in

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=154687#c15

Cheers
Olivier

Hello Olivier

That bug report is interesting.

I have had a quick check in Impress and will be adding information about resetting the default color. It will also be done in the Draw Guide, which I will be updating to 7.5 or 7.6 very soon.

I will be adding information about redaction in the Impress Guide because redaction tools are available. Presentations, by their very nature, cannot be redacted, but are exported as PDF files when redaction is carried out.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

1 Like

All the chapters for the Impress Guide 7.5 have now been updated to LO 7.5.
Screenshots have been refreshed and updated to LO 7.5.
There have been minor changes to all chapters and Redaction has been added to Chapter 10 because it was missing.
Please review and comment ASAP so that the chapters can be published and PDF files created.

Regards
PeeWee

All chapters and the Impress Guide have now been updated to LO 7.5 and completely finished.
Work in Progress files have been archived.
All files have been published and PDF files created and are now in the Published and PDF Files folders.

Now for the Draw Guide 7.5

Regards
PeeWee

1 Like

Hello @PeeWee

Thanks for the great news! I m updating the download pages.

I have replaced the final PDF and the ODT, to improve the cover and backcover graphics.

The cover images were generated in SVG using Inkscape (the LibreOffice SVG filter is full of issues). The SVG covers are exported to PNG with 2480 x 3508 px (300 dots per inch = printer resolution, A4 format) and thumbnail of 212 x 300 px .

The PNG images are loaded as background images of the Front Cover and Back Cover page styles, using the “stretched” property. The page styles are applied accordingly.

The back cover text was pasted on the last page and styles were adjusted.

PDF is generated just after.

Kind regards

Olivier

HelloOlivier

I did create the front and back covers using the SVG versions and Inkscape to export the covers as PNG files at 300 DPI and A4 size.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

HI Peter
I saw the front cover much paler than normal, so I changed it. I don’t know why it was paler.
Olivier