Guides template, Inserting images

Hi Peter

The rule to insert images is correct, but the sample just above it does not follow them.

Screenshot_20220622_073200

Here the image is anchored To Paragraph .

When anchored As Character the distance between the image paragraph and the caption paragraph is about 1mm higher.

Screenshot_20220622_073549

That explain why some images jumps to next page and force adjustments.

There is a bug (annoyance) reported on the topic: When adding caption on a recently added image, the image anchor ends To Paragraph even when the image was originally anchored As Character.

Olivier

Hello Olivier

The anchor problem is corrected. I will add a note in the template to check anchoring of images and figure frames making sure the anchor is As Character.

At the moment I am having a conversation with Flywire. Together we are sorting out the information on how to insert and format code examples.

2nd draft of the template will be uploaded by the weekend.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer
LO Documentation Team

Hello Olivier again

Using anchor Äs Character” for images inside a frame can cause problems with alignment to the caption, especially if the caption is longer than the width of the image. The image moves to left aligned instead of centre aligned and appears on the same level at the beginning of the caption. I will solve the problem. I think it is matter of using two paragraphs inside a figure frame.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer
LO Documentation Team

Hello Olivier

Problem solved and the instructions in the template has been changed.

It involves using two paragraphs inside a figure frame. Figure style for the graphic or image to maintain central alignment. Caption style for the caption so that it is left aligned. This does add a small space above the caption, but does look very good., in my opinion.

Watch out foe the 2nd draft.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer
LO Documentation Team

Hello Olivier,

I’ve no idea why you have written this missive to me. Some years ago I
ceased contributing to the Libre Office documentation after the
insistence on changing all my text to the American dialect, rather than
maintaining correct English. Perhaps you intended to respond to another
Peter?

Best wishes.

Peter HB

Correct. There are 2 paragraph inside the frame: the image anchored as character in a paragraph style “figure” followed by the caption paragraph with “caption” style.

Hi Peter Hillier-Brook.
The message was directed to Peter Schofield, aka pee-wee.
Kind regards
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I got a direct message from you, but I think it was intended for someone else.

I hope that you are doing great.

Best regards,

Zibi