Getting Started Guide 7.6

@ohallot Do you plan a Getting Started Guide for LO 7.6? If so, I will update the chapter on Writer.
I am about half way through making notes on the additions and changes needed in Writer Guide for 7.6. There are many small UI changes in addition to functional changes and new features.
Jean

Hello Jean (@jeanweber)

I created the folders for GS 7.6 and added the files.

• Chapter names changed to GS76*

• LibreOffice Version changed to 7.6 in the chapters

• Track changes enabled.

• Master document updated available in folder Published

Cheers
Olivier

@ohallot In the Status spreadsheet, I see your initials in the Checked Out column for all chapters. Are you still working on them? Let me know when the chapter on Writer is available for me to update. – Jean

Hi Jean
Sorry for the confusion, I understood the checkout as the creation of the folder and files.
I set the date accordingly.
All files available for review and update.

Cheers
Olivier

My understanding of the purpose of the Checked Out By column is to show who is working on a file. If you have finished with the file, then that column should be blank. When I check out a file to work on it, I will put my initial in that column and the date I expect or intend to return the file in the next column. Then, when I return it, I put my initial and the date of return in the relevant columns labelled either “Updated to 7.6 by” or “Rev 1”, “Rev 2” etc. Otherwise it is not clear to me that a file is not actively being worked on.
The initial creation of the folder and files does not need to be recorded IMO.

BTW, my initials are in the Checked Out by column for all chapters in the Writer Guide because I am, in fact, working on updating all of them. But Getting Started is different, because different people work on individual chapters.

Regards, Jean