This is what I Found:
I have already commented before that my English is not good at all and I apologize in advance.
Problem 1: The indentation of numbered and unnumbered paragraphs (bullets) is not appropriate according to the template
This is a feature (I don’t know if it’s a bug) of Writer and the Direct format cleaning in paragraphs with associated numbering: The cleaning of direct formatting eliminates the direct formatting to the paragraph (indentation, color of the area, etc.) but detaches the paragraph from the style of associated list (although in the style it is still associated).
Since the indentation in paragraphs of this type is a combination of the indentation of both styles, with clean format, the paragraph is left with only the paragraph indentation, not with the sum of the paragraph indentation and the list style indentation.
Consecuence: In the document there is a smaller indentation than those what is configured in the template.
- Go to page 5
- Go to the end of the introductory paragraph of the first listing (“Use the following steps….”)
- Insert a paragraph break and change the style of that new paragraph to Numbering 1. The indentation is those of the template. - This is also applicable to bullets listing (page 12).
- Leave it as it is because it is surely uniform in all documents (???)
- Adjust it manually or using one of the macros that I have provided you (ask me if this is the option)
Problem 2**:** The text that refers to macros, in the middle of a body text paragraph, has a small font size. You can see it at point 2 at the end of page 8 “Double-click the HelloMacro subroutine in the Object Catalog ……”).
-This is a problem with the definition of the Code character style in the template used.
The issue has already been mentioned in other posts but has not been solved. Character Styles - #11 by bantoniof and LO Chapter Template 7-4 - #60 by bantoniof
- Reset to parent Style the Code character style
- Change the Font to the neccesary (Liberation Mono), but without changing the size it acquires.
- Check in the Position tab the Character spacing (must be – 0,5pt).
Of course, you have to modify the template and apply it to the rest of the files.
Problem 3: On page 7 there is a blank space that occupies half a page
Solution: If figure 3 and figure 4 are made smaller so that they both fit on page 7 the space would remain (on page 8) but considerably less
Problem 4: figure 8 on page 14 of chapter 11 of the Getting Started Guide It’s not an image. It is a table, within a frame with a shadow, within the frame that also contains the legend. This format is quite strange, since the frames are designed for figures.
Solution: I think it would be better to have a table (without a frame) or take a screenshot of the table to convert it into an image.