[DECISION] Support "Ada & Zangemann" animated movie with 3.600 €

Hello,

the following decision, which was taken in private on 2024-06-06, is now made public in accordance with our statutes.

Florian Effenberger wrote on 03.06.24 at 13:45:

The board approves a budget of 3.600 € to support the “Ada & Zangemann” animated movie and authorizes Florian to handle the payment.

The vote runs 72h from now.

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders (not including deputies). In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 or more of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 5 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.

The vote is quorate.

A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

Result of vote:
5 approvals: Eliane, Osvaldo, Sophie, Simon, Laszlo; deputy Paolo supports the motion as well
0 abstain
0 disapprovals

Decision: The proposal has been accepted.

Florian

Again, as for other subjects - please add information inline or via links to about this animated movie, who is involved (Free Software Foundation?), what is the intended audience etc.

(also, just to clarify - when I ask for information, it doesn’t mean that I’m opposed to something or want to attack the decision.)

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t want to annoy everyone, but i agree with Eyal

It’s a completely new topic in the LibreOffice area, what is the link with LibreOffice… ?
What is the benefit ?

Regards,

1 Like

This page should provide details: Ada goes to the set: let’s make an animated movie - FSFE

1 Like

The story has been translated into several languages and reached thousands of children and adults through public readings. Now, we want to go one step further and create a 30 minute movie about Ada’s story! This movie, released as an Open Educational Resource, will be a tool to encourage more children, especially girls, to tinker and learn how to code, while fostering inclusiveness and accessibility. Help us to achieve this goal!

So, this decision was made…

• at a time when the TDF does not even have an approved annual budget.
  • without discussing this apparently-unprecedented kind of expense with the trustees.
  • without publishing, beforehand, a rationale for the various aspects of this decision (what prompted this, why choose this specific art project to support, what the expected benefit will be etc.)
  • without publishing a rationale for the aspects of the decision even after having adopted the decision.

I find this problematic; and also, somewhat emblematic of how the BoD conducts its business on other matters.

1 Like

Do you really think that every comma in TDF is going to be discussed by people who are not in charge and responsible for it?
Transparency is very important, but TDF is a foundation, not an assembly movement, I hope. So getting things out reasonably is not the same as spending all day putting everything in solfa.
Again, once again, please let people do the work according to their position, it is their duty.
There are plenty of things to do at TDF, instead of wasting valuable time mainly on replying to everyone, everywhere.
Miguel Ángel.

Do you really think that every comma in TDF is going to be discussed by people who are not in charge and responsible for it?

1. 3,600 EUR is is not “a comma”. It is two months of median income in Germany (and much higher in many other countries).
  2. TDF’s trustees are the people responsible for it.
  3. The BoD found this of high enough importance to discuss and decide on this separately from any other matters.

Transparency is very important, but TDF is a foundation, not an assembly movement, I hope.

If transparency is very important, then let the TDF’s board be transparent.

1 Like

The board had agreed on a budget to work with, until a further motion is formed, and has communicated this budget in March. The decision mentioned here was done nearly three months later, in June.

Instead of paying the expense out of an existing bucket/pool from this budget, like marketing or community, the board informed the general public via a separate decision about a project.