By chapter TOC ( table of contents ) confusion in Guide

About six years ago, there was an issue with setting up a document that had numbering by chapter. At the time, it was quite difficult to figure out how that could be done. Since that time, I had forgot much about how this was accomplished. In the past few days, using only the Writer Guide, I was able to accomplish this with one exception. The guide’s writing on numbering by chapter, coupled with some sections of the guidance for creating the TOC was almost enough to accomplish the task with the exception of a mention that it would be necessary to work with the 'evaluate up to level" value on the E# icon when customizing table of content entries below level 1.

Since the guide includes instructions specifically for making a document with numbering by chapter (and that is much appreciated) and, since there is a discussion of the E# item in customizing the TOC - it stands to reason that the discussion of creating the related table of contents for number-by-chapter document, should mention a need to set the ‘evaluate up to level’ field for levels below heading 1.

I’ve just received word a bug fix is being generated for bug 105628. Since the title of that bug is now:
Change “Evaluate” to “Show” in the Entries tab of Table of Contents/Index dialog, when Chapter Number is selected

Any addition or change to the Guide should reflex this wording change as well.

Hi Lee

Thanks for the heads-up.

Bug link is 105628 – Change "Evaluate" to "Show" in the Entries tab of Table of Contents/Index dialog, when Chapter Number is selected

Regards
Olivier