Adding Toolbars

Can someone help please.

I am trying to add an existing toolbar to LO Draw.
The toolbar is Text and contains six tools that would be useful for working with text. Going to View > Toolbars on the Menu bar, the Text toolbar is not available.
I have checked the Customise procedure in View > Toolbars > Customise on the Menu bar, but it is not obvious on how to add an existing toolbar to an LO module.
I have checked Chapter 14 in the Getting Started Guide. No info on adding an existing toolbar to an LO module, that is Draw for me.
Adding new commands to a toolbar is not a problem.

A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

Peter, can you clarify which tools you are after? I note Writer > View >
Toolbars > Text Object is the same toolbar as Draw > View > Toolbars > Text
Formatting.

Hello

The tools available on the Text toolbar are as follows:

Insert Text Box (F2)
Callouts
Fit Text in Textbox Size
Insert Vertical Text
Vertical Callouts
Fit Vertical Text to Frame

The Text toolbar does exist, but does not appear in the context menu for View > Toolbars on the Menu bar. This is where you would go to add the toolbar to Draw.

The instructions in the Getting Started Guide and LO Help do not tell you how to do this.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

HI Peter

I confirm.

The Text toolbar can be seen in the Tools - Customize - Toolbars but is not displayed in the View - Toolbars menu. So the user interface cannot select this toolbar, at least in by an average user.

-> Bug
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=148751

Olivier

Hi Peter,

Hello

The tools available on the Text toolbar are as follows:

Insert Text Box (F2)
Callouts
Fit Text in Textbox Size
Insert Vertical Text
Vertical Callouts
Fit Vertical Text to Frame

The Text toolbar does exist, but does not appear in the context menu for View > Toolbars on the Menu bar. This is where you would go to add the toolbar to Draw.

There exist no way to customize the list, which you get via View > Toolbars.

I customize the Drawing-toolbar instead. There I add not only this TextToolbox but Legacy Rectangle and Legacy Ovals too (and remove a lot of things).
The toolbar in question is "uno:TextToolbox". It is item "Text" in category "Drawing".

Kind regards,
Regina

Hi Peter

Thanks To Rafael Lima, the Text bar issue is now fixed and will be available next release (7.4)

Kind regards