When I started updating this page, I noticed that the table wikitext was
terribly overcomplicated, so I tried simplifying it. Did this just for the
Getting Started guide for now.
I'm not that familiar with wiki markup, so it's possible that I took to be
unnecessary something that was actually important. Someone who knows why it
was written this way might want to check.
AFAICT, the only real loss was vertical alignment. Setting style
"vertical-align: top;" on the whole table didn't work, so I just left it
out. CSS padding didn't work either, even just for the heading row, so I
left the old HTML attributes for the table.