Jean has done a fantastic job by doing screen-shots in bulk and saved us from
potential legal issues with MS. Hopefully once all the branding and logos and
mentions of OOo have been swapped-out and screen-shots from Windows also been
swapped-out then we will have more time to worry about finesses such as
consistency in future releases. People that are managing those finesses as they
go are doing great work too :slight_smile:
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

I haven't done all of the screenshots, so I'm glad others are going through the files too. In fact, the Getting Started guide desperately needs to have a great many pix replaced. Many are from Windows (done by Ron before the decision to not use Windows), and many more still say OOo on them. Some similar problems remain in the Writer Guide. If anyone particularly wants to do screenshots, those books would greatly benefit.

So although Impress is the book most in need of work right now, the work needed includes much more than screenshots. It absolutely needs to be checked to se if the info is correct for LibreOffice and no important LibO items (that are not in OOo) have been left out. I have written several notes on this that you will find in the archives for this list.

Jean

My theory is that having screenshots from a variety of o/s and/or themes is actually good because it shows that LibO runs on many systems and what you the user see on your screen may not be exactly what is in the book. That's probably a rationalisation, but as an excuse for not limiting too much the number of volunteers who can do screenshots we can use, I think it's a good excuse. :wink:

My only real concern is that colors not obscure the text on the screenshot and that they print well. Some themes do a reverse color for selections that makes the item very difficult to read in a screenshot.

AFAIK we at LibO haven't actual set a specific theme and style. My suggestion was for something that would look similar on most common o/s, but it was never agreed on. Neither has any other proposal been agreed on. Sometimes I get the impression from a few people that they think the LibO Docs team should do things differently from OOo just because it's different, even when the method has worked well for the OOo Docs team.

Jean