Documentation Live Meetings on FRIDAYS 15:00 UTC

Hi Everybody

I am setting a weekly live meeting on FRIDAYS 15:00 UTC for talk and discussion on all documentation topics: Guides, Help, Templates, Bugs, Scripts, Macros, whatever…

The meeting will be limited to 1 hour.

The agenda will be

• User Guides: 15:00 to 15:15 UTC

• LibreOffice Help application: 15:15 to 15:30 UTC

• Miscellaneous: 15:30 to 16:00 UTC

The meeting will take place in the following jitsi session:

Jitsi TDF Doc Team

The minutes will be taken at the following pad:

https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/documentation

See you there!

Cheers
Olivier

Hello Olivier

I tried the meeting for the first time today, but nobody appeared to be making comments. All I got was a picture of myself and the initials of the other members who logged into the meeting.
No messages and no discussion.
What happened?
I did expect some discussion on how we are progressing with the template.

Some advice would be helpful for the next meeting on how these meetings take place.

Regards
PeeWee

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

Hi @PeeWee

We had you in the meeting but could not see or hear you (I though you were at least hearing us). As first-timer you may have been lost with mic and camera settings (who never?).

Olivier

Camera and mike were on.
All I could see was my picture.
All of you were indicated by initial letters.
My sound was on and heard nothing.
I was using Safari on my 12 year old MacBook Pro running mac OS Catalina.
Try again next week.

Regards
PeeWee

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

If you saw your picture, cam is OK in your hardware.
We were displayed as letters because we turned off our camera.
But your session did not sent your image, we had your letter and no image, nor sound.
My guess is that your hardware/safari does not support WebRTC. perhaps too old. Just a guess.

Had your audio been muted inadvertidely?

I don’t have a mac, but in my case, because of privacy paranoia, Firefox ask me for cam and mic authorization every time. If I make a mistake, I have to close firefox and reopen. My Linux system has 4 different entries for mic and 6 different audio outputs, which often drives me crazy.

Olivier

Hello Olivier

Audio and camera were working on Safari in my MacBook, but the connection was not coming through.

I do have Google Chrome installed and will use this browser for the next meeting to see if WebRTC works OK.

Also, I do have a very strong security setup on my computer system. It is a hangover from when I used to create sensitive documents. Not sure yet if my security is causing the problem.

Hopefully, see you at the meeting next week.

Regards
PeeWee

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

1 Like