The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2023-01-23
Session chair: Thorsten Behrens
Keeper of the minutes: Florian Effenberger
In the meeting:
Board Members - Thorsten Behrens, Gábor Kelemen, Ayhan Yalçinsoy, Cor Nouws, Paolo Vecchi, László Nemeth, Emiliano Vavassori (from 17:25 UTC/18:25 Berlin)
Board Deputy Members - Gabriel Masei
Membership Committee Members - Gabriele Ponzo, Marina Latini
Membership Committee Substitute Members -
Community - Michael Weghorn, Krystof, Andreas
Team - Florian Effenberger, Sophie Gautier, Xisco Fauli, Hossein Nourikah
The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending or represented in the call.
The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.
The meeting is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 4.
Any updates regarding director affiliations?
* no changes, current affiliations see election page:
Would any of the directors present need to declare an interest, for any of the listed agenda items?
-> none registered.
The public meeting commences at 17:03 UTC / 18:03 Berlin time.
### Public Part
1. Answering questions from the community (tdf-board, 5 mins)
Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask
questions to the board and about TDF
* no questions brought up
2. Status Report: Strategy 2022 Items - Status (Thorsten Behrens, Cor
Nouws, Gabriel Masei, Gábor Kelemen, 5 mins)
Regular reporting about status of the Strategic items in
* not much development on this recently
* AI: will setup a poll to get people in a room for brainstorming on items (Cor)
* but it's important to make progress here, let's have that on the agenda for the FOSDEM in-person meeting (Thorsten)
3. Discuss, Vote: Decide on BZ request from Ilmari (Gábor Kelemen, 10 mins)
* TDF relies on BugZilla for it's daily operations (Thorsten)
* no major upgrade in a long time, many good features stuck (Thorsten)
* goal: sort remaining issues to be able to release new version (Thorsten)
* decide today or should we fold this into budget decisions? (Thorsten)
* good proposal, need those updates (Gábor)
* undermaintained open source upstream project
* AI: collect all the bits, then send off vote e-mail (Gábor)
4. Status Report: Updating CoC policy (Cor Nouws, 5 mins)
* status update & next steps
* getting each other up to date, started last year during LibOCon
* important topic, should be shared between board, CoC group and perhaps also MC (Thorsten)
* CoC team not informed, should have done so before putting it in agenda (Marina)
* new CoC team had initial meeting after putting in place current CoC policy
* discussing how to handle communication of CoC team on a technical level, will discuss with Guilhem when he's back from vacation
* CoC folder shared with corporate addresses - should be changed
* want to review policy, can't be done in a rush
* current version allows us Outreachy participation
* very interested in the topic, happy to be included (Thorsten)
* maybe discuss at FOSDEM?
* Sage Sharp and Karen Sandler can give feedback, after the Outreachy program (Sophie)
* needs some work and feedback from CoC committee
* let's use face time at FOSDEM, perhaps meet with Karen there? (Thorsten)
5. Status Report: Hiring TDF developers (Florian Effenberger, 5 mins)
* next steps & progress
* roles open until February 10 (Florian)
* got good number of applications, scheduling interviews
* had first interview actually today - thanks to Gabriel, Emiliano, Hossein, Ilmari, Mike
* expecting more applications close to the deadline
* good to have FOSDEM, for a last-minute push
* we do have a number of strong candidates
The public meeting ends at 17:20 UTC / 18:20 Berlin time.
### Private Part
6. Discuss: Plan FOSDEM in-person agenda (tdf-board, 20 mins)
7. Discuss: Last minute item(s) (tdf-board, 5 mins)
Rationale: if there is time left, and anything is popping up after
sending the agenda
The private meeting ends at 18:46 UTC / 19:46 Berlin time.
Thorsten Behrens (Session chair)
Florian Effenberger (Keeper of the minutes)